Changing email programs to work with SSL
Hunter is converting the sending of outgoing email to work only with SSL. This folder contains instructions on how to change your mail program settings to use the new system. This will also solve problems that users of Verizon, RCN and other internet services will have recently observed in connecting to Hunter's outgoing mail server due to changes made by Verizon.
- General instructions for every email program
- These are the settings needed to configure any mail program to work with Hunter email systems. They are intended for advanced users. If you need more detailed, step-by-step instructions for your mail program please look at the short tutorials in the same folder as this article.
- Configuring Apple Mac OS X Mail to work with SSL
- These instructions apply to versions 3 and 4 of the Mail application in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6 respectively). The same instructions are applicable to version 2 (Mac OS X 10.4) but individual wording and menus may not be exactly the same.
- Configuring Eudora to work with SSL
- These instructions apply to Eudora 7.1 for Windows.
- Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2007 to use SSL
- Follow these instructions to set up Outlook to be secure and compatible with Hunter's email systems. This tutorial uses Outlook 2007, the current standard version in Hunter. The information in this tutorial is also applicable to earlier versions thought the actual position and wording of menus and dialogs may vary slightly.
- Setting up an email client from scratch
- Please visit this set of articles to set up email from scratch, following our latest recommendations and taking into account the above ISP restrictions.