Instructions to configure Outlook 2003 to use Hunter's LDAP Addressbook.
- Select from the menu: Tools -> E-mail Accounts...
- Under the section Directory, check Add a new directory or address book and then click Next >.
- Select Internet Directory Service (LDAP) and then click Next >.
- Under the section Server Information, enter:
Server Name: dsa.hunter.cuny.edu
- Under the section Logon Information, enter:
This server requires me to log on: leave unchecked
- Click More Settings...
- Accept the prompt stating your changes won't take effect until the application is restarted.
- In the new popup, on the Connection tab, enter:
Display Name: Hunter LDAP Addressbook
Under Connection Details:
- Port: 389
- Use Secure Sockets Layer: leave unchecked
- Switch to the Search tab and enter:
Server Settings: leave them as is
Under Search Options:
- Search base: ou=phonebook,dc=hunter,dc=cuny,dc=edu
- Click OK to close the popup.
- Click Next > in the Directory Service (LDAP) Settings window.
- Click Finish.
- Restart Outlook.
- In the toolbar, in the text entry field labeled Type a contact to find, enter the first or last name for anyone who can be found in the Hunter Online Directory.
- Press return to see the list of potential matches. Returned entries can be selected and added to your local address book.