Outlook 2007 and 2010
Instructions to configure Outlook 2007 to use Hunter's LDAP Addressbook.
- Go to Start > Control Panel
- Right click on the Mail icon
- Select Open
- Click on the Email Accounts button
- Click on the Address Books tab
- Click on New…
- Leave Internet Directory Service (LDAP) checked.
- Click next
- On this page, enter:
Server Name: dsa.hunter.cuny.edu
Under Login Information:
- This Server requires me to log on: Leave unchecked
- Click on the More Settings button.
- Accept the prompt stating your changes won't take effect until the application is restarted.
- In the new window enter the following:
Display name: Hunter College LDAP Addressbook
Under Connection details
- Port: 389
- Use Secure Sockets Layer: leave unchecked
- Click on the Search tab and enter:
Server Settings: leave them as is
Under Search Options:
- Custom: checked
- Search base: ou=phonebook,dc=hunter,dc=cuny,dc=edu (do not leave a space after each comma - enter the words above exactly as they appear here)
- Browsing: leave unchecked.
- Click Ok.
- Click Next >
- Click the Finish button.
- Restart Outlook
- In the toolbar, in the text entry field labeled Type a contact to find, enter the first or last name for anyone who can be found in the Hunter Online Directory.
- Press return to see the list of potential matches. Returned entries can be selected and added to your local address book.