Instructions to configure Outlook Express to use Hunter's LDAP Addressbook.
- Select from the menu: Tools -> Address Book OR click the Addresses button in the toolbar.
- With the address book window, select Tools -> Accounts to open the Internet Accounts list.
- Click the Add button to configure the LDAP addressbook.
- In the new popup window, enter:
Internet directory (LDAP) server: dsa.hunter.cuny.edu
My LDAP server requires me to log on: leave unchecked
- Click Next >.
- On the subsequent page, enter:
Do you want to check addresses using this directory service: select No
- Click Next >.
- Click Finish to close that popup and return to the Accounts window.
- Find and select your entry in the list of Accounts under the Directory Service tab.
- Click the Properties button.
- In the new popup, change to the Advanced tab.
- In the section Server Port Number, enter:
Directory server (LDAP): 389
This server requires a secure connection (SSL): leave unchecked
- In the section Search, enter:
Search timeout: leave at 1 minute
Maximum number of matches to return: leave at 100
Search base: ou=phonebook,dc=hunter,dc=cuny,dc=edu
Use simple search filter: leave unchecked
- Click Ok.
- Click the Close button in the Internet Accounts window.
- Back in the Address Book window, click Find People.
- In the Find People popup, select dsa1.hunter.cuny.edu in the drop-down for Look in
- In the Name field, start typing the first or last name for anyone which can be found in the Hunter Online Directory.
- Click Find Now to see the results. Returned entries can be selected and added to your local address book.