The Hunter College Instructional Computing and Information Technology (ICIT) group consists of 65 full-time professionals with a wide range of knowledge and experience and a strong service orientation. Approximately 90 part time staff, many of whom are Hunter College students, assist with operations and support.
ICIT Supports Many Users:
- About 21,000 Hunter College undergraduate and graduate students
- 2,500 faculty and staff from all five Hunter College campuses
- Students, faculty and staff at the Hunter College Campus Schools
ICIT Has Many Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage administrative applications and services
- Provide email, file storage, web development, software distribution, and printer accounting
- Manage 3,000 telephone lines, PBX, voicemail, and VOIP
- Provide audiovisual classroom equipment, presentation assistance, and media production
- Offer video conferencing centers and interactive video broadcasting
- Manage public computer labs, public access terminals (PACs) printers, vending machines, and servers
- Support hardware, software, networking and applications for faculty, students and staff including help desks, local IT contacts, clinics, consultants and on-line information
- Provide academic computing support for web tools, assistance for course web page development (using Blackboard), access to server resources and training for select software and technology
- Fee-based printing and photocopying services in libraries, dormitories and public computing areas
- OneCard for Hunter College identification, access, printer and copier charging, book purchasing, laundry, money-saving dining plan and more....