Refund and Discount Policies
If Hunter/IELI cancels a course, students are entitled to a 100% refund (including registration fee.)
For all other withdrawals, the registration fee is non-refundable.
If the student withdraws:
- When a student withdraws before the first day of classes, tuition is refunded minus the $25 registration fee and a $10 drop fee.
- 75% tuition refund will be granted when a student withdraws during the first week of classes minus registration fee and drop fee.
- 50% refund will be granted when a student withdraws during the second week of classes. No tuition refund will be granted after the second week of classes.
- The testing/IELI processing fee is not refundable. (The Placement Test is valid for 12 months.)
- Payments for dropped classes may be refunded (under the above rules) or left as a credit for future classes for up to one year. Warning: credits expire after one year.
- Payment must be made in full by the second day of the first week of classes, or a $50 late payment fee will be charged.
All discounts are available on individual courses of $100 or more
- 20% - Discount for Hunter employees, currently enrolled Hunter College degree students, and senior diplomatic personnel (UN Diplomats, Vice-Consuls, Ambassadors, etc) or immediate family members (Spouse and children only) not to exceed the cost of one 18 hour per week/8 week program (must present proof)
- 10% - Discount for US Veterans, CUNY employees, and diplomatic support staff (e.g. secretarial, clerical staff), and senior citizens, aged 62+ (must present proof)
- Any additional discounts may be given at the discretion of the director or her designee
Note: Discounts may not be combined. Unless otherwise indicated, employees must have a minimum of three months employment to be eligible for discounts. Exceptions to the discount policy require Director’s written approval.