Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home International English Language Institute F1 student Visa Transfer Students

Transfer Students

F-1 students who are in the U.S. on a student F-1 status and would like to transfer to the IELI.

Here you will find information for International students transferring to Hunter College, IELI and complete the necessary forms following the instructions below.


1. Complete IELI Online I-20 Application (Copy of passport must be attached and the full payment for the first semester must be made)

2. Original Financial Documents – Your bank statement in English with a minimum balance of $22,500 in the account (can be emailed in PDF)

** If someone else is your financial sponsor (can be emailed in PDF)

  • Sponsor’s Bank Statement in English with a minimum balance of $22,500
  • Affidavit of Support Form
  • Proof of income (Pay stub, W2, Job letter, Income Tax Return, etc..)

3. Copy of All Three Pages of All I-20 Forms From All Schools Attended in the U.S.

4. Copy F-1 Visa

5. Copy of the I-94 arrival stamp

After you submit the transfer application, you will receive an acceptance letter and transfer verification form from Hunter College IELI.

*** New students must take a placement test and the class of their choice can be guaranteed only if they take the placement test at least two weeks prior to the start of classes. 

For more information, please read our I-20 instructions

Document Actions
International English Language Institute website feedback:
695 Park Avenue 1022 East Building New York, New York 10065
(212) 772-4292 | email us
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065