TOEFL iBT Preparation
The International English Language Institute (IELI) at Hunter College offers courses to help students prepare for the TOEFL iBT Exam.
* New students planning to take any part time TOEFL class are required to take the 1 hour walk in placement test. Students planning to take the full time TOEFL class are required to take the 3 hour TOEIC exam. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment for the exam.
Evening and Weekday classes prepare students for all sections of the TOEFL iBT test: Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking. Saturday classes focus on preparing students to take the Listening and Speaking sections of the TOEFL iBT exam.
- Daytime Part-time workshops - $445 - Levels 7, 8, 9 Day and Time- To Be Announced (afternoons)
- Daytime Full-time courses - $2000 -Levels 8, 9 Day and Time- To Be Announced
- Evening Mondays & Wednesdays - $450 -Levels 6, 7, 8 (7:40-9:35pm)
- Saturday Morning- $450 - Levels 4, 5, 6 (9:00am-12:40pm) or Afternoon- Levels 6, 7, 8 (1:10–4:50pm)
Saturday Course Information
TOEFL iBT: Speaking and Listening (E20) Levels 4-6 Saturday morning 9:00-12:40
This class will focus on the Listening and Speaking sections of the iBT TOEFL test. Students will start listening to easier passages and progressively work up to harder ones. For the Speaking section, students will learn to offer opinions on various topics in a short time. Finally, extensive work will be done with TOEFL-level vocabulary.
TOEFL iBT (E22) Levels 6-8 Saturday afternoon 1:10-4:50
This class will focus on the Listening and Speaking sections of the iBT TOEFL test. Students will learn how to listen for main ideas, details, function, inferences and implications. For the Speaking section, students will learn how to compare and contrast information in the integrated skills section. They will also learn to offer opinions on various topics in a short time. Finally, extensive work will be done with TOEFL-level vocabulary.
Full Time TOEFL Preparation
TOEFL Preparation Full-time Levels 8 & 9 (ADVTOEF1 & ADVTOEF2) $2000
*These courses must be taken together
Skills for the TOEFL iBT 10 hours/week (Weekday afternoons)
These classes are designed to teach the language skills and test taking strategies needed to achieve a competitive score on the reading, writing, and speaking segments of the TOEFL iBT.
Practicing the TOEFL iBT 8 hours/week (Weekday afternoons)
Students will take practice TOEFL tests to become familiar with the exam. They will then analyze results to find areas of weakness and work on improvement. Note: all level 8 students will also take the IELI final writing exam.