CUNY Accounts (CUNYportal and CUNYfirst)
This walkthrough and its screenshots are specific to students, Faculty and Staff can also follow the same instructions. The only difference will be selecting "Faculty" or "Staff" rather than "Current Student" on Step 3.
Please Note: CUNY portal ID (Applicant Account) is different from your CUNY portal ID (Student Account)
Creating CUNY portal ID (Student Account) which allows you to access your profile to change your primary college in order to view your DIG and Blackboard. Professors use Blackboard to post announcements, assignments, students can communicate through disscussion boards, their office hours, and email your assignments to you. In order for you to receive messages from the professor, you must make sure that your @myhunter email address is updated in Blackboard.
1. To create your PortalID, go toand click on the Portal LOG-IN link:
2. On the following page, click Register for a New Account:
3. On the "New User Registration Page", click Current Student:
4. After you have selected current student, fill in your personal information to validate that you are a CUNY student:
a. First Name
b. Last Name
c. 9-digit Social Security Number (If you don’t have a Social Security Number, then you can get your Student ID Number from the Oasis)
d. Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy) (Make sure you on the keyboard, you type in 2 digit month...slash...2 digit day...slash...4 digit year)
e. Click on Next
5. On the "Registration", you'll just be asked to click Confirm if your information is correct.
6. On the page following the confirmation, you will be asked to choose a username & password, and record what e-mail address will be associated with this PortalID. (ICIT strongly recommends that you use your Hunter NetID, if possible, as your PortalID username; and your Hunter e-mail address as your listed e-mail address.)
7. Once you have filled out the Username, Password, Password Confirmation, and Email blanks, just click the Save button and you're done! You will be able to use your PortalID immediately.