CUNY Portal Primary College and Role Instructions
CUNY website page gives you information about events, applying to CUNY Schools, Campus Help Desk contact information, financial assisstance/grants, and more.
Part of the CUNY website is CUNY Portal which integrates your academic existence across all the CUNY colleges means that all CUNY colleges is under one system or one CUNY Portal account where you need to log into CUNY portal, change your primary college (home college) and role (Student) to see the correct information for Degreeworks (formerly DIG), in order for you to determine which classes you need to register in CUNYfirst. This also allows you to apply for ePermit and take classes into a different CUNY school.
Some schools have not been migrated to CUNYfirst as of yet, so you may need to register your classes in CUNY Portal via eSims. In order to do this, you will need to change your primary college to correct school in which you need to register your classes in eSims.
CUNY Portal - changing Primary College and Role Instructions:
1. Go to http://www.cuny.edu and click on LOG-IN in the upper right-hand corner. From the drop-down menu, select CUNY PORTAL:
2. Put your Portal ID and password in the appropriate blanks to log in.
3. When you are logged in, click the link MY PROFILE in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, below the banner:
4. This will take you to your profile. Click Modify to make changes:
5. On the following page, the important thing to do is to change the "Primary College" pull-down menu so that it is set to "Hunter College", and the "Primary CUNY Role" pull-down menu so that it is set to "Student". (You can change other information if it's not correct, or leave it to another time.) Click the Save button when finished.
6. After you click the Save button, a pop-up window will appear, confirming that your changes will be saved. Click OK to continue:
That's all! If you still have problems after this point, contact a peer advisor (if you are a first-year student in an orientation session) or Student
email@example.com or call 212-650-3624.