Email Distribution Groups: Add and Remove a Member Using Outlook 2010
Email distribution lists make it easy to send messages to a group of people all at once. Although an email distribution list has a unique address, it is really a collection of email addresses. When a message is sent to the email distribution list, it is redistributed to each of the addresses contained in the list. The following document dictates how to add and remove members using Outlook 2010.
How to add and remove a member using Outlook 2010
- Start Microsoft Outlook.
- From the Home ribbon:
- Then select the Address Book:
- Under Address Book, if Global Address List is not selected, click on the down arrow and select it from the list. (Alternatively, you can select All Groups to narrow down the addresses to only distribution lists.)
- Type the name of the distribution list in the Search box. You should only need to enter the first few letters and it will be automatically located in the list.
- When it appears in the list, double click on it.
- On the window that opens, click on Modify Members...
- Click on Add... to add new members to the list, or select one or more existing members' names and click Remove to remove the selected member(s) from the list.