Email Distribution Groups: Add and Remove a Member Using Outlook Web App (OWA)
Email distribution lists make it easy to send messages to a group of people all at once. Although an email distribution list has a unique address, it is really a collection of email addresses. When a message is sent to the email distribution list, it is redistributed to each of the addresses contained in the list. The follow document dictates how to add and remove members using Outlook Web App (OWA).
How to add and remove a member using Outlook Web App (OWA)
To add members to the list:
- Sign into OWA (https://mail.hunter.cuny.edu) using your Hunter College credentials..
- From the upper right corner of the screen, click Options > See All Options...
- In the left-hand sidebar of the Options page, click Groups.
- Under Public Groups I Own (right-hand side of the page), double-click on the name of the group you wish to manage.
- Click Membership; then click Add... to add new members.
- Type in the name of the person you want to add in the field at the top, and click the search icon. The person's name should appear in the list below (note that there may be multiple people with the same name).
- Double-click on the person's name, or select their name from the list and click Add ->. The person's name will now be displayed in the box at the bottom.
- Repeat the previous two steps if you need to add multiple people.
- Click OK to add all the selected members to the list.
To remove members from the list using OWA:
From the Membership tab, scroll down the list and select the person you want to remove. Then click Remove.