This page has a collection of information and answers to common problems to help students with the technology end of registrating for classes.
Common Registration Problems:
- How do I register?
- How do I log into CUNYfirst?
- I forgot my CUNYfirst ID or password
- I can log into CUNYfirst but I can't register for classes
- General tips & tricks
The application you use to register for classes at Hunter College is called "CUNYfirst" (formally "eSIMS").
You can log into CUNYfirst by going to home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu . If you haven't yet claimed your CUNYfirst account, please select the "First time users" link and claim your account.
Navigate to home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu . Please select the "Forgot your password?" link and answer the security questions you set up when you claimed you account. If you forgot the answers to the security questions, please select the "First time users" link and re-claim your account.
It can be a number of reasons. If you can't register for classes but can log into CUNYfirst, please contact the Student Help Desk at email@example.com or 212-650-3624.
- If CUNYfirst tells you there's a hold on your account, the Help Desk can't make it go away. You will have to talk to whatever office placed the hold on the account to resolve the issue.
- Sometimes you have the correct prerequisites or conditions for a course, but CUNYfirst doesn't recognize that fact. For this sort of problem, you will need to go to OASIS, in 217N. (Make sure it's not just that the course is full.)