CUNYfirst Class Registration Help
This page has a collection of information and answers to common problems to help students with the technology end of registrating for classes.
Common Registration Problems:
- How do I log into CUNYfirst?
- I forgot my CUNYfirst ID or password?
- How do I register?
- I can log into CUNYfirst, but I can't register for classes, what should I do?
- General tips & tricks
You can log into CUNYfirst by going to home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu . If you haven't yet claimed your CUNYfirst account, please select the "First time users" link and claim your account.
Hunter College is now using the "CUNYfirst" website to register for classes.
1. Click on: home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu
2. Click on: "Forgot your password?" link and answer the challenge questions that has been set up when you first claimed your account. If you forgot the answers to the security questions, please select the "First time users" link and re-claim your account.
It can be a number of reasons. If you cannot register for classes, but can log into CUNYfirst; please contact the Student Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-650-3624.
- If CUNYfirst tells you that there is a hold on your account, you can click on "Details" on the "Student Center Page" to find out which department to go to in order to remove the hold. If another school has the hold on your account, you will need to speak to the department at the appropriate school.
- If CUNYfirst is not allowing you to register for a course because there is an error stating that you do not have the prerequisites to register for the course, you will need to go to OASIS (Hunter North 217) and show them a screen shot of your course history in order to resolve this issue.