WHAT IS AN INTERNSHIP?
An internship is a fieldwork experience that offers students opportunities to explore potential professions and obtain relevant experience before graduation.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF AN INTERNSHIP?
- Explore a career field of interest
- Earn academic credit
- Acquire training, professional experience and skills
- Prepare for a competitive job market
- Obtain references from professional in the field
- Develop contacts for future job searches
- Showcase the experience on the resume and during the job interview
WHAT ARE THE STEPS?
- Schedule an appointment for internship preparation at Career Development Services
- Submit a prepared resume and cover letter
- Select projects relating to career goals on the Orion online database and related resources
- Interview with organization representatives
- Discuss academic credit requirements and assignments with faculty advisors
- Register for academic credit by the designated deadlines
See the intership opportunities and resources on the Career Development Services website