Purchasing Tickets - Online:
How do I purchase tickets online?
- Click our first tab, Events Calendar.
- Look for the performance you are interested in attending. If there is a GET TICKETS button, to the right of the performance name, click it.
- Scroll down to look at the seating map and click on the section you would like to sit in. The image will change to show you seats available in that section.
- Click on any available seat you wish to sit in. If the performance has different seat types, you must pick the seat type that applies.
- Once you have selected the number of seats you need, click either of the two CONTINUE buttons on the right side of the checkout page.
- You will then see a review of the seats you have selected. PLEASE, make sure you have selected the seats you need. If you have made an error, you may click the red back button on the checkout page to make changes to your seats. If your order is correct, click CONTINUE.
- You must create a log-in to purchase tickets online.
- Once you have logged in, you will see:
- An Order Review: Again, PLEASE review your order before you move on.
- Delivery Options: There are two delivery options; E-tickets, which must be printed by you, or Will-Call, meaning tickets will be at the Box Office for pick-up. If for any reason you cannot print your e-tickets, please call and tell the Box Office staff you need your e-tickets printed.
- PROMO Code box: If you have a promotional code, this is where you would enter it. The discount will be deducted from your order if the promotional code is valid.
- Finally, you will reach the payment screen where you will, for the last time, see a review of your order. If all is correct, enter your payment information and read the Terms and Policies.
- If you agree to the Terms and Policies, check the "I Agree" box and click the PLACE ORDER button, on the bottom left of the checkout page, to process your order.
I want to attend more than one performance. Do I have to go through this purchase process multiple times?
No, you can purchase tickets for multiple performances in one order online. To do this follow these intructions:
- Follow Steps 1 - 4 of the first question.
- Before moving on to Step 5, select a different performance from the drop-down menu on the top left of the checkout screen (below the event image).
- Repeat the above process until you have selected seats for all performances you want to attend.
- Once you have selected all desired seats, proceed through Steps 5-10 above.
I'm on the checkout page and have clicked the section I wish to sit in. How do I know which seats are available?
You can find a legend for the seating map, directly to the right of the seating map, on the checkout page.
Where is my confirmation?
A confirmation of your order will be e-mailed to the e-mail address you used for your log-in. The sender will appear as Kaye Playhouse at Hunter College. Please check all mailboxes when looking for your confirmation. Your confirmation may be in the SPAM or JUNK folders, if the e-mail server does not recognize the sender.
I looked everywhere and still cannot find my order confirmation! What should I do?
If you have checked all mailboxes and still cannot find your order confirmation, please call the Box Office, immediately, at (212)772-4448. Your order may not have processed.
Purchasing Tickets - By Phone or In Person:
When I purchase by phone or in person, the Box Office staff asks me for my phone number. Why are they requesting this?
When a patron purchases a ticket, we always ask for a phone number. A phone number is requested for a number of reasons:
- In the event that a performance is postponed or cancelled, we need a way to inform the patron of what has occurred.
- Similarly, if there is a problem with a patron's ticket order, we need a way to reach out to the patron to resolve it.
- Lastly, so that we may contact a patron should they misplace any personal belongings in The Kaye Playhouse.
Day of Performance Protocols
I have tickets for my family members, but they are going to be late. What should I do?
You may choose from the following:
- You may wait outside the theater for your family members and enter together when they arrive.
- You may enter with all the tickets and exit the theatre to provide your family members their tickets when they arrive.
- You may leave their tickets in an envelope at the Box Office for them to pick-up when they arrive. The Box Office staff will provide you with an envelope and instructions of what information is needed.
What happens if my family members arrive after the Box Office closes?
When the Box Office closes, all remaining will-call tickets are given to the Kaye Playhouse House staff. If your family members have not purchased tickets prior to the Box Office closing, they will not be able to see the performance.
If people are being helped by the Box Office staff, where should I line up until a window becomes available?
There is a display case directly across from the Box Office window. It is most efficient to begin lining up in front of that display case. This allows foot traffic entering the college to pass without creating a congestion and diminishes the need to "weave and bob" every time someone passes by.
I get confused with the Box Office window setup. When I am waiting to purchase or pick up tickets, is there one line or are there two?
This depends on a few things, but generally the setup is as follows:
- If there are signs taped onto the windows, please line up at the appropriate window. For example, if there is one window that has a "Purchase" sign and you need to purchase tickets, you would line up behind the last person waiting to purchase. If you do not need to purchase tickets, you would line up behind the last person waiting at the "Will-Call" window.
- If there is only one staff member in the Box Office, there should be only one line.
- If there are two staff members in the Box Office, it would be best to form one line and wait for an available window. However, if two lines have been formed, you may choose to wait on whichever line you prefer.
I left something inside the theater. Who should I speak to?
After each performance, The Kaye Playhouse House staff checks the theater for items patrons have left behind. If items have been found, they will be left in the Box Office or Coat Check. It is best for patrons to call the Box Office at (212)772-4448 when inquiring about lost items. Please tell us where you were seated and give a full description of the item, when speaking with our staff. If the Kaye Playhouse House staff did not find the item in the theatre, patrons can call Hunter College's Lost & Found department at (212)772-4447.
Which parking garages/restaurants/hotels are nearest The Kaye Playhouse?
Please see our Neighborhood tab for more information on parking garages, restaurants, and hotels.