The Brookdale Residence Hall is part of the Hunter College Brookdale Health Sciences campus, located in Manhattan, on East 25th Street, between First Avenue and the FDR Drive. For directions, click here.
The Brookdale Residence accommodates male and female students on separate floors and/or wings. Unlike our other Residences, Brookdale does not have double or triple occupancy rooms for our students. All of the rooms at Brookdale CAMPUS are single-occupancy rooms, and are furnished with a single bed, dresser, desk, and desk chair. However, residents do share common bathrooms, showers, and a kitchen located on every floor. The typical room size is 10’ x 12’. Although windows are equipped with mini-blinds, students may also supply their own curtains (windows are 51 ½” tall x 54 ½” across). Residents may buy or rent small refrigerators (no larger than 4.5 cubic feet) for their rooms. Microwave ovens are not permitted in the rooms.
In addition, each floor also provides a common lounge for study and socializing. The lounges are equipped with living room furniture as well as cable TV and a VCR for your entertainment. All of our floors have wireless internet access. If you do not have a personal computer, there is a game room on the first floor with computers available for study and e-mail. The Health Professions Library is also located on the Brookdale Campus, as well as several computer labs.
You may view the photo gallery, which contains floor plans and photographs of rooms and other facilities.
Hunter's Residence Hall is located at the Brookdale Health Sciences Campus, in Manhattan, at 425 East 25th St. between First Avenue and the FDR Drive. The campus is easily reached by car or by mass transportation.
New York City Taxicabs from airports - $35-$45 plus tips and tolls.See Official rate sheet. Check sheet for group ride rates. Definitely, the most direct method to the Residence Hall and most convenient, if you have luggage.
Mass Transportation: (from outside NYC)
- Enter Manhattan via Penn Station: Take M16 Bus from Penn Station at 34th St. and 7th Avenue to 23rd St. and First Avenue. Walk North 2 blocks to 25th St., turn right, onto 25th Street. Entance to campus is on the North side of the street
- Enter Manhattan via Grand Central Station: Take #6 subway train, (within Grand Central), downtown to 23rd St. Walk eastward on 23rd St. to First Avenue. Turn right on First Avenue and walk two blocks North to 25th Steet. Turn right, onto 25th St to entrance on North side of street.
Mass Transit: (within NYC)
- 6 (local) train (from uptown or downtown) to 23rd St. Walk eastward on 23rd St. to First Avenue. Turn right on First Avenue and walk two blocks North to 25th St. Turn right, onto 25th St to entrance on North side of Street.
- From Port Authority: from 8th Avenue and 42nd Street take crosstown bus to Second Avenue, transfer to M15 bus to approximately 25th Street. Walk East on 25th Street past first Avenue to campus entrance. If you have luggage, take a taxi. It will cost up to $10 (depending on traffic and the driver) but will be worth it.
- From Downtown: Take M15 bus on First Avenue to 25th St.
- From Uptown: Take M15 bus on Second Avenue to 25th St.
Walk East on 25th St. past First Avenue to entrance on North side of Street.
- West Side Crosstown: Take M23 bus on 23rd Street to 1st Avenue, walk North 2 blocks to 25th St., turn right, onto 25th Street. Entrance to campus is on the North side of the street.
- From Greenwich Village: Take M21 bus from Houston Street to 23rd St. and First Avenue, walk North 2 blocks to 25th St., turn right, onto 25th Street. Entance to campus is on the North side of the street.