You can get to Hunter College by subway, bus or car. For detailed directions, click here. The Hunter College Music Department is located on the fourth floor of the North Building on Hunter's 68th Street campus.
- Concert & Event Venues-For Audiences: All Ticketed Events: Take the 68th Street/Kaye Theatre entrance, on the north side of the street between Lexington and Park Avenues. Turn left after you enter, and the box office will be to your left. Free Events in Lang Recital Hall, the Auditorium/Assembly Hall, or Brecher Hall (Rm. 635): Please note that for all FREE events, a photo ID is required for entry into the college. Please allow additional time for check-in. Take the 69th Street campus entrance, on the south side of the street, between Lexington and Park Avenues. For Auditorium/Assembly Hall events, simply proceed directly ahead through the main doors of the auditorium. For Lang Recital Hall events, enter the lobby and take one of the elevators immediately on your left to the Music Department on the 4th floor. (The elevators to your right do not stop on the 4th floor.) Once you exit the elevators, turn left and proceed to the end of the hall. At this point, turn left again, and the entrance to Lang Hall will be right in front of you. For Brecher Hall (Room 635) events, take the elevator to the 5th floor. Turn left upon exiting the elevator, walk to the end of the hall, and turn right. Follow that hall to the end, and climb the stairs right in front of you. Make a right at the top of the stairs, and the door to Brecher Hall will be on your left (for handicap access to Brecher Hall, please see Handicap Access, below).
- Hunter Community: Students, faculty and staff with a Hunter OneCard may enter the North Building of Hunter College using the entrance on East 69th Street between Park and Lexington Avenues. Walk into the lobby and take one of the elevators immediately to your left, and take it to the 4th floor, where you will find the Music Department. (The elevators to your right do not stop on the 4th floor.)
- Auditionees/Guest Artists/Guests: All visitors to the 68th Street campus must enter through the West Building Lobby and must stop by the Visitors Center for a Day Pass. Once you have obtained a Day Pass, exit the building the way you came in, cross 68th Street, and enter via the Sylvia and Danny Kaye Playhouse (almost directly across from the Visitors Center entrance). Make a left after you take the Kaye Playhouse entrance, show the guard your Day Pass, and go through the turnstiles. Make a right just past the turnstiles, then keep following the main hallway as it turns left. At this point, take one of the first elevators to your right to the 4th floor (the bank of elevators further down the hall doesn't stop on the 4th floor). Exit the elevators, and you will be in the Music Department, which occupies much of the 4th floor of the North Building.
- Music Department Offices, Classrooms & Venues: The Main Office of the Music Department is located in Room 416, accessed via the hallway between the two banks of elevators. Piano Studio 413 is at the end of the hall to your left as you face the main office entrance. Classrooms (Room 404-407) and Faculty Offices are on the Park Avenue (west) side of the fourth floor, through the doors to your far right after you exit the elevators. For Lang Recital Hall, turn left after exiting the elevators and proceed to the end of the hall. At this point turn left again, and the entrance to Lang Hall will be right in front of you. Practice Rooms (Rooms 464A-O and Room 486), and accessible by climbing a few stairs directly opposite the elevators once you exit them on the 4th floor. For Brecher Hall (Room 635), take the elevator to the 5th floor. Turn left upon exiting the elevator, walk to the end of the hall, and turn right. Follow that hall to the end, and climb the stairs right in front of you. Make a right at the top of the stairs, and the door to Brecher Hall will be on your left (for handicap access to Brecher Hall, please see Handicap Access, below).
- Handicap Access: All entrances described above are handicap accessible. Ramps are located outside both the 69th Street entrance to the North Building, and the Kaye Theatre entrance on 68th Street. The entrance to the Visitors Center involves no stairs. Brecher Hall (Rm. 635) Handicap Access: after entering the North Building via the 69th Street entrance, take the elevators to the 4th Floor. Upon exiting the elevators, turn left, and follow the hall to the end. At this point, turn right and go down the hall; at the end, you will see a sign for "436C", noting elevator access for Brecher Hall. Go through this door, and then enter the door to your right, marked "Elevator Lobby." The elevator is then right in front of you--take it to the 6th floor, exit, and the Brecher Hall entrance is then immediately to your right.