Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home Music Department Prospective Students Frequently Asked Questions for Graduate Students

Frequently Asked Questions for Graduate Students


  1. How do I apply to the Hunter College music graduate programs?
  2. Can I apply for one of the graduate programs if I did not major in music as an undergraduate?
  3. How do I register for classes?
  4. How can I apply for financial aid or an assistantship?
  5. How do I prepare for the proficiency exams?
  6. Can I take classes at night?
  7. Can I go part-time to Hunter College?
  8. How long does it take to graduate from Hunter?
  9. Can I study jazz or rock at Hunter College?
  10. Do you offer classes during the summer and/or winter?
  11. I took some graduate classes at another school; can I transfer the credits?
  12. How does one take private lessons in an instrument or voice at Hunter College?
Document Actions
May 2014 »
Go to full calendar…
Music Department website contact:
Hunter College Music Department 695 Park Avenue 416 Hunter North New York, NY 10065 Fax: 212-772-5022 | Telephone : 212-772-5020 | webmaster