NCTM (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics)
The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics is a public voice of mathematics education supporting teachers to ensure equitable mathematics learning of the highest quality for all students through vision, leadership, professional development and research.
NCTM Foundational Priorities
- Curriculum, instruction, and assessment: Provide guidance and resources for developing and implementing mathematics curriculum, instruction, and assessment that are coherent, focused, well-articulated, and consistent with research in the field, and focused on increasing student learning.
- Equity: Advance knowledge about, and infuse in every aspect of mathematics education, a culture of equity where everyone is empowered by the opportunities mathematics affords.
- Advocacy: Engage in public and political advocacy to focus policymakers and education decision makers on improving learning and teaching mathematics.
- Professional Development: Provide professional development to all stakeholders to help ensure all students receive the highest quality mathematics education.
- Research: Ensure that sound research is integrated into all activities of the Council.