Hunter Noyce Associates Summer Internship Program
The Hunter Noyce Associates Summer Internship Program provides Hunter freshmen and sophomores with an interest in teaching mathematics or science in middle or high school an opportunity to participate in a guided teaching and/or tutoring experience. Noyce associates are expected to participate for 125 hours in the summer, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 and 3:00. Noyce Associates engage in a variety of teaching and learning activities with middle or high school students that are designed to introduce them to the teaching profession. Associates will receive a stipend of between $1,000 and $1,500 for completing the summer internship.
Schools and organizations that hosted Noyce Associates last summer include: Manhattan Hunter Science High School, Frederick Douglass Academy II and New Heights Summer Academy.
To be eligible to apply, Hunter students must:
· Have an interest in majoring in biology, chemistry, earth science, mathematics or physics and education
· Have no more than 45 credits (entering freshmen are welcome to apply)
· Have a 2.8 GPA if 30 credits or fewer or a 3.0 GPA if over 30 credits
· Be a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident
· Have an electronic FAFSA on file
To apply qualified Hunter students must:
· Complete the on-line application at:
· Complete an on-site writing sample
· Participate in a group interview
This is the link to the online application for the Noyce Associates Summer Internship Program
Deadline for applying is April 22, 2012
For further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.