Center for Nursing Research (CNR)
The mission of the CNR at HBSON is to support and facilitate the development of nurse scientists and their research.
- Foster a sustainable culture of scholarship.
- Facilitate interprofessional research collaboration.
- Enhance inter- and intraprofessional collaboration on research.
- Engage students in the research process.
The Center’s resources to facilitate faculty and student research:
- Assistant Dean for Research guides individual and group faculty research
- A Grants Administrator who helps faculty with all stages of research from locating funding sources to preparing and submitting proposals
- Statistical consultant
- Expert proposal and manuscript consultation
- Educational technologist to assist with using technology for grant proposals
- Student research assistants (RAs) provide reseach help for faculty and give students the opportunity to participate in the research process
- A dedicated conference room (West 405) that houses a host of multimedia tools including a large flat screen HDTV, a computer, a DVD/VHS system, a high speed scanner, conference calling and multiple video\web conferencing platforms
- A dedicated research lab for faculty and research assistants with 8 computer stations, and a scanner/printer (Mezzanine Level) that provides:
- Office Productivity & Document Creation: Acasi, Adobe CS6 Master Collection (After Effects, Audition, Bridge, Dreamweaver, Encore, ExtendScript, Fireworks, Flash Builder, Flash Professional, Illustrator, InDesign, Media Encoder, Photoshop, Prelude, Premiere Pro), Adobe Reader, Digital Dropbox-- sync files online and across computers, Microsoft Office Professional 2010 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, InfoPath Designer, InfoPath Filler, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, SharePoint Workspace), PDF Writer, Presto Page Manager 7 - Document Management and Sharing Software, QuickTime and SYSTRAN Premium 4 - Language Translation Software
- Data Analysis Software: PASW Statistical Package 20, Power and Precision Power Analysis Software, QSR Nvivo Qualitative Research Software, R 2.5.1: Language and Environment for Statistical Computing and Graphics, RR Console Statistical Computing Program, SAS 9.2 and StataIC 12