The Center’s resources to facilitate faculty and student research include:
Faculty & Staff
- An Assistant Dean for Research to guide individual and group faculty research
- A Grants Assistant who helps faculty with developing grant budgets as well as preparing and submitting proposals.
- An Educational technologist to assist with using technology for grants proposals.
Grants for pilot funds supported by Weill Cornell Medical College Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC). HBSON, as a consortium member, collaborates with the multi-institutional consortium to move translational research from bench to bedside and to the community.
A dedicated Blackboard site to disseminate resources (grant announcements, grant boilerplates, links to internal research offices and external sources for funding).
A dedicated conference room (West 405) that houses a host of multimedia tools including a large flat screen HDTV, a computer, a DVD/VHS system, a high speed scanner, conference calling and multiple video\web conferencing platforms.
A dedicated research lab for faculty and research assistants with 8 computer stations, and a scanner/printer (West, Mezzanine) that provides:
- Office Productivity & Document Creation: Acasi, Adobe CS6 Master Collection (After Effects, Audition, Bridge, Dreamweaver, Encore, ExtendScript, Fireworks, Flash Builder, Flash Professional, Illustrator, InDesign, Media Encoder, Photoshop, Prelude, Premiere Pro), Adobe Reader, Digital Dropbox—sync files online and across computers, Microsoft Office Professional 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, InfoPath Designer, InfoPath Filler, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, SharePoint Workspace), PDF Writer, Presto Page Manager 7—Document Management and Sharing Software, QuickTime, and SYSTRAN Premium 4—Language Translation Software
- Data Analysis Software: PASW Statistical Package 20, Power and Precision Power Analysis Software, QSR Nvivo Qualitative Research Software, R 2.5.1: Language and Environment for Statistical Computing and Graphics, RR Console Statistical Computing Program, SAS 9.2, and StataIC 12
- Statistical consultants
- Expert proposal and manuscript reviewers
Student Involvement in Research
- Student research assistantships (RAs) provide help for faculty and give students the opportunity to participate in the research process. For research positions to work with HBSON faculty, This is coordinated by HBSON Grants Assistant.
- Evidence-Based Practice Poster Day: This annual event provides an excellent opportunity for faculty and students from both the HBSON and the School of Health Professions (Departments of Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology and Physical Therapy) to display their research.
- ENRS: Students are selected by faculty each year to present their work during a student poster session at the annual Eastern Nursing Research Society scientific meeting. See www.enrs-go.org for more information.