Federal Perkins Loan Information and Payment
A Federal Perkins loan is a low-interest (5%) loan for undergraduate and graduate students with "exceptional" financial need.
Hunter College's school code is F5.
To qualify for a Perkins Loan, a student must be/have:
- enrolled at least half-time in a degree program
- US citizenship, permanent residency or eligible non-citizen status
- satisfactory academic progress
- no unresolved defaults or over-payments owed on Title IV education loans and grants
- satisfaction of all Selective Service requirements
Perkins Loan Benefits:
- 9-month grace period
- no origination fees
- no default fees
- 5% interest rate
- 10-year repayment period
- loan forgiveness
To apply for a Federal Perkins loan, you must:
- sign a master promissory note to receive the loan
- complete exit counseling for the loan
Perkins Loan Repayment:
CUNY's contacted billing service for Perkins Loan repayment is ECSI (Educational Computer Systems, Inc.). Approximately nine (9) months after you graduate or discontinue your education, ECSI will contact you about making payment arrangements for your Perkins Loan.
181 Montour Run Road
Coraopolis, PA 15108