Living @ Hunter: Student Housing
The Office of Residence Life acceptsfor all Residence Halls. Due to the overwhelming demand for affordable housing in New York City, the Office of Residence Life receives far more requests for housing than can be filled. Students who are not accepted are placed on a wait list. The Bursar's Office does not handle application decisions or initiate refunds. The Bursar's Office processes payments and distributes refunds for residents.
The College has three (3) residence halls.
1) The Brookdale Campus Rates is located at the Brookdale Health Sciences Campus on 425 East 25th Street between First Avenue and the FDR Drive.
2) The 92nd Street Residence is located at 1395 Lexington Avenue just 3 blocks from Central Park and the Museum Mile. All residents must sign a Student Financial Agreement before moving in.
3) The 97th Street Residence is located 1760 Third Avenue just blocks away from Central Park, the Whitney Museum and Serendipity. All residents must sign a Student Occupancy Agreement before moving in.
Each Residence has different rates, fees and payment due dates.
Summer 2013-Academic Year 2013/2014:
All questions or inquiries regarding residence hall payments should be made to (212) 772 - 4405 or email
Dorm charges are subject to change without notice as approved by the City University of New York (CUNY) Board of Trustees. In the event of an increase, payments already made will be treated as a partial payment. Notification will be given to students concerning the amount owed and the deadline date to pay.
The Office of the Bursar will bill students for their room. Payment by the deadline is imperative to avoid losing your room and being evicted from the Residence Hall. Your dorm room charges will NOT appear on your tuition and fee bill.
- Cash: Accepted IN PERSON at our cashier windows ONLY. Please see for more information.
- Personal Checks: Accepted at our . Please be sure to include your full name and your EMPLID# on your check. or through the
- Money Order: Accepted at our or through the . Please be sure to include your full name and the last four digits of your EMPLID# on your money order.
- Credit Cards: Accepted IN PERSON at our . The College accepts VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. (Please note that VISA is accepted for dorm payments only; it is not accepted for tuition and fee payments made online.) or via
- Wire Payments: An can be made to the College's bank account.
- Financial Aid/Scholarships: This option is available to students who have enough funds available on their student account to cover their tuition and fee bill and their dorm bill. Students MUST sign a to use this option to settle their dorm bill. Financial aid funds MUST be available on their CUNYfirst account at the time the bill is due or the student will have to pay their rent to meet the deadline.
- Payment plans are not available for the dorms.
Fines and Penalties
All bills must be settled prior to the student moving into their room. If students owe funds for fees or fines, the Bursar's Office places an negative Service Indicator on their CUNYfirst account. This stop prevents students from acquiring their student records, registering for an upcoming term and acquiring any official Hunter College documents including transcripts, grades, etc.
Lost ID Sticker: $5
Lost Key: $40
Room Lock Change: $180
Late Checkout Fee: $50 per day
Late Payment Fee: $15
Returned Check Fee: $15