Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home Onestop Finances Bursar Commitment Deposit
If you have registered for courses and change your mind about attending please be sure to drop all classes, and don’t simply assume the school will run a cancellation process absolving you of any charges. You must withdraw from your classes prior to the first day of the semester to avoid tuition and fee drop charges. Any student that does not officially withdraw from classes prior to the start of the term will be charged tuition and fees based upon the University’s academic calendar.

Commitment Deposit

All commitment deposits are non-refundable.

Undergraduate Students

All newly admitted freshman and transfer students are required to submit a $100 commitment deposit (unless a waiver has been granted). The deposit is applied to your first-semester tuition charges, reserves your seat at Hunter, and enables you to register for classes.

To Pay

To submit your deposit:

  1. Log in to your CUNYfirst account.
  2. Navigate to your "Student Center."
  3. Click the link to pay your deposit by credit or debit card.

You may also pay by cash in person or check, money order by mail or in person at:

Hunter College
Bursar's Office
695 Park Avenue
Room 238 North
New York, NY 10065

When paying in-person, please bring a valid ID and be sure to include your Student ID number (CUNYfirst ID) on your check or money order.

Deposit Deadlines

  • Fall Semester: May 1st
  • Spring Semester: December 15th

Deposits may be accepted after the due date on a space-availability basis.

If you have any questions, please contact to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at: or 212-772-4490

Graduate Students

Commitment deposits are due three weeks from the date of your acceptance letter.

The $250.00 Commitment Deposit is applied to your first semester tuition charges. It reserves your seat in the graduate program and enables you to register for classes.

To Pay

  1. Detach the bottom of your Commitment Deposit Form (the form will be included in your letter of acceptance).
  2. Write your Applicant (AY) ID Number on your check or money order payable to Hunter College.
  3. Submit your payment to either the Office of Graduate Admissions or the Silberman School of Social Work. Cash payments are to be made directly to the Office of the Bursar in Room 238, North Building and a copy of your paid receipt must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions or the Silberman School of Social Work

Hunter College
Office of Graduate Admissions
695 Park Ave.
Room 223 North
New York, NY 10065

Silberman School of Social Work
2180 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10035
Attn: Admissions Office

Please contact us if you have questions:


Phone: (212) 396-6046

Document Actions
Onestop website feedback: email us
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065