Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home Onestop Finances Bursar Vouchers
If you have registered for courses and change your mind about attending please be sure to drop all classes, and don’t simply assume the school will run a cancellation process absolving you of any charges. You must withdraw from your classes prior to the first day of the semester to avoid tuition and fee drop charges. Any student that does not officially withdraw from classes prior to the start of the term will be charged tuition and fees based upon the University’s academic calendar.


The College accepts the following vouchers:

General Voucher Rules:

  • All vouchers MUST be received PRIOR to the payment due date to avoid the cancellation of your registration. If your voucher is going to be late, please contact Naomi Donaldson in the Bursar's Office and your counselor/program at Hunter to obtain assistance and avoid cancellation.
  • The College will bill the entity paying the voucher; however, it is the student's responsibility to ensure that the voucher funds have reached the College. Please contact the organization paying your voucher to ensure that the payment reaches the College in a timely manner.
  • It is expected that all funds billed are paid PRIOR to the end of the term.
  • Students who have unpaid voucher funds on their account at the end of the term will have a stop placed on their account.

Most vouchers will NOT pay for:

  • fees
  • class drop charges
  • late payment fees
  • late registration fees

Americorp Vouchers

Americorp vouchers are used in conjunction with several programs administered by the Hunter College School of Education such as TOP (Teachers Opportunity Program), Teaching Fellows, and Teacher U.

Students can earn Americorp vouchers by applying for the program and working for a community-based entity that enables them to earn a voucher after approximately one year of service. The student's agreement with Americorp may span over more than one year. The opportunities, skills and organizations that supply the work vary, so each person has a unique and interesting experience. Please visit the Americorp website for more information.

Students earning this voucher are asked to log on to Americorp's website to file their award and note Hunter College as the designated payee institution. For assistance, please call Americorp at 1 (888) 507-5962.

Students using this voucher are expected to file for their payment immediately upon entering the program at Hunter. Please see the link above. Students who do not file within one term of enrollment will be stopped from registering for the next term until they apply for their voucher. Students are entitled to receive a one-year voucher payable for $4,725.

Department of Veteran Affairs Deferment Voucher

Veterans looking to acquire tuition and fee deferment benefits should proceed to the Office of Veteran Student Services.

The College will defer tuition and fees for certified veteran students as determined by the Veteran's Office. Once the term has commenced, students are expected to pay in full.

1199/SEIU League, Registered Nurse Training and Job Security Fund

Participants in this program must contact the RN Training & Job Security Fund directly and request that the enrollment authorization voucher be sent to Hunter College. The voucher will dictate exactly what the fund plans to cover.

1199/Hospital League Training and Upgrading Fund

Participants in this program must contact the RN Training & Job Security Fund directly and request that the enrollment authorization voucher be sent to Hunter College. Hunter will NOT defer this payment since the College must submit grades to the Hospital League to receive payment. The form will dictate exactly what the fund plans to cover minus any other grants and/or scholarships.

Commission for the Blind

The NY State Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped (CBVH) provides vocational rehabilitation and other direct services to legally blind NY State residents. One of CBVH's primary objectives is to assist consumers in achieving economic self-sufficiency and full integration into society.

All students who are part of the CBVH program will have a counselor assigned to them who will request information and create a payment voucher. CBVH will mail the voucher to the College for verification.

Office of Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID)

This program offers disabled students the ability to receive benefits to pay for education expenses. To see if you qualify for the VESID program, contact the borough/district office in which you live.

Document Actions
Onestop website feedback: email us
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065