Hunter College Scholarships (Internal)
Students who are interested in applying for Hunter College scholarships (internal scholarships) must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA application is the ONLY form you need to file to be considered for Hunter scholarships. You can complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. (New York State residents should also complete the HESC TAP Application.)
The Priority Filing Deadline for the 2012-2013 academic year has passed.
Scholarships are awarded based on the following criteria: merit, need, grade point average and declaration of a major course of study. In most cases, scholarships are awarded on a yearly basis. Therefore, two equal disbursements will be made, half in the fall semester and the other half of the award in the spring semester.
For more information about applying for internal scholarships, visit theor contact Sal Quagliariello at (212) 772-4820.
Scholarships, Grants and Fellowships (External)
There are many external scholarships and grants available to students from various outside organizations. To learn more about external grants, scholarships and fellowships, visit this page.
- Documentation must be an original letter on official company letterhead and should be sent to the Office of Financial Aid and the Bursar's Office.
- All paperwork MUST be received at least one week PRIOR to the bill due date in order to allow for enough time to validate the scholarship and post it to the student's account.
- External scholarships will be credited to a student's account and deferred providing that the payment to the College is not dependent upon specific grades being received.
If you need additional information about your external scholarship, please contact Naomi Donaldson at (212) 772-4326.
Freshmen/New Students Scholarships
If you're a prospective student who would like to learn about Hunter's freshmen scholarships, visit www.hunter.cuny.edu/ugprospects/freshmen-scholars-programs to learn more about the various academic merit scholarship programs we offer.
General Scholarship Rules
- All scholarships MUST be displayed on the student's bill PRIOR to the due date to avoid registration cancellation.
- The College will bill the entity paying the scholarship; however, it is the student's responsibility to ensure that the scholarship funds have reached the College. Please contact the organization paying your scholarship to ensure that the payment reaches the College in a timely manner.
- It is expected that all funds billed are paid PRIOR to the end of the term.
- Students who have unpaid scholarship funds on their account at the end of the term will have a placed on their account.
- Most scholarships do not pay for late fees or charges for late class drops, so please be careful before incurring these charges.