SEEK (Search for Education, Elevation and Knowledge) is a higher education opportunity program offered in the senior colleges of the City University of New York. The SEEK Program provides special academic counseling, financial aid and other academic assistance to students entering college for the first time, and strives to help students succeed in a college setting.
Students must meet the following criteria for admission into the SEEK Program:
- Have a high school diploma and meet the high school average required by Hunter College, or have a New York State high school equivalency diploma.
- Have resided in New York State for at least one (1) year prior to application.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Have not previously attended an institution of post-secondary education.
- Have a gross family income that does not exceed the criteria for the academic year the student is admitted.
To apply for SEEK, incoming freshman must complete the SEEK portion of the CUNY admissions application when applying online.
Transfer students from CD, EOP, HEOP and SEEK must complete the CUNY online transfer application.
Information subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations