Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home Onestop Finances Financial Aid Types of Financial Aid Federal Work-Study Students

Federal Work-Study - Students

Federal Work-Study is a program that provides part-time jobs to undergraduate and graduate students who need additional financial aid. The Work-Study program allows students to earn the money needed to help pay for education-related expenses. Jobs are available both on and off-campus and include community service work.

If you are eligible to begin working in the summer, an email will be sent to your Hunter email address by the end of May. If waiting until the fall, a Job Placement Schedule will be emailed to you in August. It is important that you activate and use your Hunter College email account in order to receive these notifications.

Regardless of when you begin working, you may not earn more than the amount of your award. Students who are employed during the summer and not enrolled for summer session should be registered for at least six credits for the fall semester before beginning to work during the summer.

Students who work through the Federal Work-Study program must provide documentation to the college that they are eligible to work in the United States. Please review the Employment Eligibility Verification form which includes a list of acceptable documentation.


For more information:

Document Actions

Onestop website feedback: email us
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065