Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home Onestop Finances Financial Aid Types of Financial Aid Undergraduate Aid Loans Private/Alternative Loans

Private/Alternative Loans

Students that need additional funding for educational expenses after exhausting all potential scholarships, federal grants, work-study funds, and federal loans may want to consider an “alternative” or “private” loan. Such loans are offered by private lenders, such as banks and credit unions.

Students are advised to use these loans sparingly and may wish to discuss their particular situation with the Financial Aid Office. For alternative/private loans, students apply directly to lenders. Those lenders, in turn, contact Hunter's Financial Aid Office, and the two parties work together to issue the loan funds through the university.


Document Actions

Onestop website feedback: email us
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065