The degree audit is mandatory for all graduating students and is controlled by State of New York, City University of New York, and Hunter College rules and regulations. The audit determines whether all college requirements will be satisfied by the end of the applicable academic term. The audit supersedes any and all other indications that a student has satisfied the degree requirements.
Choose the appropriate link for detailed information about the degree audit, the Degree Audit Application Form (DAAF), as well as the degree conferral and post-degree processes.
Apply to Graduate:
- Undergraduate students, print and complete the Degree Audit Application Form (DAAF) or choose from a list of undergraduate DAAFs arranged by degree type. Graduate students, choose from this list of Degree Audit Application Forms arranged by concentration.
- Meet with your major advisor to review it. Your major advisor signs, dates and stamps the DAAF.
- Sign and date it. Be sure to stipulate the graduating term.
- Make a photocopy of the original, signed and stamped DAAF for your records.
- Undergraduate Students: For further information on steps to follow in order to graduate, please review this document.
- Graduate Students: For further information on steps to follow in order to graduate, please review this document.
- When your final degree audit determines that you have successfully completed all college requirements, you will see a notice marked "Degree Award" on your account. You may also order an official transcript that will show your degree award.
Obtaining Original Diploma
- In Person: Approximately four months from the official end of term, you will be notified via your Hunter email account that the diploma package is ready for pick up at the One Stop for Students (Formerly the OASIS), Room 217 North.
- By mail: The diploma package is not automatically mailed to you. If you wish to have the diploma package mailed you must print, complete and submit a Diploma Mailer request form.
Obtaining Duplicate Diploma
- Please complete the instructions on the Duplicate Diploma form (PDF) and mail to the address listed. Requests take 2 to 4 weeks to process (6 to 8 weeks if you graduated before 1981.)