How to Register
Register Online (CUNYfirst)
When Can I Register for Classes?
You can register on or after your registration appointment and during periods when registration is available. For your specific appointment dates, review the Registration Date Table.
Auditing a Course as a Senior Citizen Auditor Student.
New York State residents 60 years of age or older may audit undergraduate courses at Hunter College on a tuition-free, space-available basis. Auditors do not receive grades or academic credit for their courses.
How to Register for Classes
To register for classes, log into your CUNYfirst account. There are two ways to register for classes in CUNYfirst. For help on how to register for classes, view:
- Read your Hunter email regarding registration
- Confirm registration appointment time
- Clear any holds/stops/negative service indicators on your record
- Make sure immunization requirement is satisfied
- Review your DegreeWorks (formerly DIG) report (undergraduates only)
- Check the catalog for major requirements, pre-requisites and other critical course information
- Review the schedule of classes (includes requisites and textbook information)
- Ensure pre-requisites met for courses in which you wish to enroll
- Meet with your advisor
- Read the annual FERPA announcement