Updates to Registration and Financial Aid Disbursement Process
As with the Fall 2014 semester, Spring 2015 registration will end by the 7th day of classes (February 3, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.). This will result in Federal and State financial aid, including grants, loans, etc., being disbursed early in the semester allowing eligible students to access and use funds earlier. Students are also able to view their 2014-2015 financial aid award status directly in CUNYfirst.
HOW THIS AFFECTS STUDENTS:
- Spring semester registration, via CUNYfirst, must be finalized by the seventh day of classes - February 3, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
All enrollment appointments in CUNYfirst will expire on February 3, 2015 at 11:59pm, so any class additions to your schedule will need to be completed and reflected in CUNYfirst by February 3, 2015, 11:59 p.m. (including overtallies, departmental permissions, etc.). Students will not be able to add classes via CUNYfirst after February 3, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
- Your registration, as of February 3, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. will be used to determine your financial aid semester enrollment status, e.g. full-time, part-time, etc., and the federal and/or state aid you may qualify for the semester.
In extenuating circumstances , if class additions are made to your schedule after February 3, 2015, this may not further increase your financial aid (grants AND loans) award eligibility. Any federal and/or state financial aid for which you may be eligible (including LOANS AND GRANTS) will be determined based off of your registration as it stands on February 3, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
- TAP: Undergraduate students registered for less than 12 eligible credits on February 3, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. may not qualify for state aid.
- Pell: Undergraduate students registered for less than 12 credits on February 3, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. may be eligible for prorated federal aid.
- Direct Stafford Loans: Undergraduate and graduate students registered for less than 6 credits on February 3, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. will not qualify for Direct Stafford Loans.