Updates to Registration and Financial Aid Disbursement Process
The Fall 2014 semester starts on August 28, 2014 and with a new academic year the college is pleased to announce improvements with the Fall 2014 financial aid disbursement and registration process. These changes will result in Federal and State financial aid, including grants, loans, etc., being disbursed early in the semester allowing eligible students to access and use funds earlier. Students will also be able to view their 2014-2015 financial aid award status directly in CUNYfirst.
HOW THIS AFFECTS STUDENTS:
- Fall semester registration, via CUNYfirst, must be finalized by the seventh day of classes - September 3, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.
All enrollment appointments in CUNYfirst will expire on September 3, 2014 at 11:59pm, so any class additions to your schedule will need to be completed and reflected in CUNYfirst by September 3, 2014, 11:59 p.m. (including overtallies, departmental permissions, etc.). Students will not be able to add classes via CUNYfirst after September 3, 2014 at 11:59 pm.
- Your registration, as of September 3, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. will be used to determine your financial aid semester enrollment status, e.g. full-time, part-time, etc., and the federal and/or state aid you may qualify for the semester.
In extenuating circumstances , if class additions are made to your schedule after September 3, 2014, this may not further increase your financial aid (grants AND loans) award eligibility. Any federal and/or state financial aid for which you may be eligible (including LOANS AND GRANTS) will be determined based off of your registration as it stands on September 3, 2014 at 11:59pm.
- TAP: State aid eligible undergraduate students registered for less than 12 credits on September 3, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. will be disqualified.
- Pell: Federal aid eligible undergraduate students registered for less than 12 credits on September 3, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. will only be considered for partial federal aid.
- Direct Stafford Loans: federal aid eligible undergraduate and graduate students registered for less than 6 credits on September 3, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. will be disqualified.