Office: 1720 HW
Areas of Specialization:
- Comparative Politics
- Latin American Politics
- Drugs and Public Policy
- Environmental and Energy Policy
- PolSc 117: Introduction to Comparative Politics
- PolSc 244: Environmental and Energy Policy
Ph.D. in Political Science and Certificate from the Institute of Latin American Studies, Columbia University, 1970.
B.A. with distinction, University of Michigan, 1961.
Premier and Deuxième Degrés, University of Grenoble, France, 1960.
- "Drugs," in The Oxford Companion to Politics of The World, 2nd ed., eds. Joel Krieger et al. (New York: Oxford University Press, 2001).
- Review of Martha K. Huggins, Political Policing: The United States and Latin America. (Durham: Duke UP, 1998), in Luso-Brazilian Review, Summer 2001.
- Comparative Political Dynamics: Global Research Perspectives, co-editor with Dankwart A. Rustow (New York: HarperCollins, 1991);
- "Global Research Perspectives: Paradigms, Concepts, and Data in a Changing World" (with D. A. Rustow), in Comparative Political Dynamics, 441-459.