Office: 1720 HW
Areas of Specialization:
- Comparative Politics
- Latin American Politics
- Drugs and Public Policy
- Environmental and Energy Policy
- PolSc 117: Introduction to Comparative Politics
- PolSc 244: Environmental and Energy Policy
- PolSc 253: Government and Politics in Latin America
- PolSc 262: Government and Politics in Central America
- PolSc 271: International Politics in the Americas
- PolSc 281: Drugs, Politics and Public Policy
- PSc 87306: Politics in Latin America (CUNY Graduate Center)
- PSc 87601: Comparative Social Movements (CUNY Graduate Center)
Ph.D. in Political Science and Certificate from the Institute of Latin American Studies, Columbia University, 1970.
B.A. with distinction, University of Michigan, 1961.
Premier and Deuxième Degrés, University of Grenoble, France, 1960.
- "Drugs," in The Oxford Companion to Politics of The World, 2nd ed., eds. Joel Krieger et al. (New York: Oxford University Press, 2001).
- Review of Martha K. Huggins, Political Policing: The United States and Latin America. (Durham: Duke UP, 1998), in Luso-Brazilian Review, Summer 2001.
- Comparative Political Dynamics: Global Research Perspectives, co-editor with Dankwart A. Rustow (New York: HarperCollins, 1991);
- "Global Research Perspectives: Paradigms, Concepts, and Data in a Changing World" (with D. A. Rustow), in Comparative Political Dynamics, 441-459.