Office: 1726 HW
Areas of Specialization:
- American Politics
- Public Policy
- Minority Politics
- Immigration Policy
- PolSc 110: American Government: A Historical Introduction
- PolSc 221: US Immigration Policy
- PolSc 317.13: Public Policy Analysis
- PolSc 317.68: Latino Politics
- PolSc 320: Ethnic Politics
Ph.D. University of California, Irvine (2002).
- Illegal, Alien, or Immigrant: The Politics of Immigration Reform (New York: New York University Press, 2008).
- "'It is Not a Question of Being Anti-immigration': Categories of Deservedness in Immigration Policymaking," in A.Schneider and H. Ingram eds. Deserving and Entitled: Social Constructions and Public Policy (SUNY Press 2005).
- "Why Some Latinos Supported Proposition 187: Testing the Economic Threat and Cultural Identity Hypotheses," Social Science Quarterly 81(1) (2000): 180-193.