Rosalind Pollack Petchesky
Office: 1726 HW
Areas of Specialization
- Gender and Sexuality
- Human Rights/Social Justice
- Sexual and Reproductive Rights
- Globalization, Neoliberalism, Militarization and Health - Critical Perspectives
- Transnational Social Movements
- PolSc 112: Introduction to Political Theory
- PolSc 202: Modern Political Thought (1600-1900)
- PolSc 203: Political Thought since 1900
- PolSc/WomSt 209: Women and Gender in Western Political Thought
- PolSc/WomSt 309: Feminist Political Theory
- PolSc 486.57/WomSt 400.53: Body Politics: Sexuality & Reproduction
Ph.D., Columbia University, Political Science (1974)
M.A., Columbia Univesrity, International Affairs (1966)
Diplôme, Centre des Hautes Études Européennes, Strasbourg, France (1964-5)
B.A., Smith College, Government (1964), Summa cum Laude
- Global Prescriptions: Gendering Health and Human Rights, 2003 (Zed Books, London).
- "Phantom Towers: Feminist Reflections on the Battle between Global Capitalism and Fundamentalist Terrorism," originally published in The Women's Review of Books, Nov. 2001. Reprinted in numerous languages.
- Links between Reproductive and Sexual Rights and Social Development: Charting the Course of Transnational Women’s NGOs (United Nations Research Institute for Social Development, Occasional Paper 8, 2000).
- Catalysts and Messengers: The Story of the International Reproductive Rights Research Action Group, with Adriane Martin Hilber (International Reproductive Rights Research Action Group, 1999).
- Negotiating Reproductive Rights: Women’s Perspectives Across Countries and Cultures, co-editor with Karen Judd and author of Introduction and Conclusion, for International Reproductive Rights Research Action Group (Zed Books, London and St. Martin’s Press, New York, 1998).