Office: 1724A HW
Areas of Specialization:
- American Politics
- Quantitative Research Methods
- PolSc 110: American Government: A Historical Introduction
- PolSc 206: Research Design in Political Science
- PolSc 217.04: Race, Gender and Representation
- PolSc 235: The American Congress
Ph.D., University of Iowa, 1997
B.A., University of Michigan, 1988
- "The Influence of African American Members on Congress: A Content Analysis of Civil Rights Debates," Du Bois Review: Social Science Research on Race 5(1): 115-35 (2008) with Dena Levy.
- "The Job of President and the Jobs Model Forecast: Obama for '08?," in PS: Political Science and Politics 41: 687-90 (2008) with Michael S. Lewis-Beck.
- "Forecasting Presidential Elections: When to Change the Model?," in International Journal of Forecasting 24 (2): 227-36 (2008) with Michael S. Lewis-Beck.
- “The China Threat, National Missile Defense and American Public Opinion.”Defense Analysis 19:35-54 (2003) with James Nathan.
- “Presidential Election Forecasting: The Bush-Gore Draw. ” Research in Political Sociology; Sociological Views on Political Participation in the 21st Century 10: 173-187 (2002) with Michael S. Lewis-Beck.
- “Representation, Voluntary Retirement, and Shirking in the Last Term.” Public Choice 106:117-130 (2001).
- “Do Differences Matter? The Impact of Women in Congress.” Women and Politics 23:105-127 (2001) with Dena Levy and Rachelle Aved.