CITY HALL INTERNSHIP
The New York City Mayor’s Office of Research and Media Analysis is accepting internship applications for Fall 2014. The office monitors media coverage related to the city’s policies and operations and performs research in support of the administration’s broader communications priorities.
• Assist in transcribing the mayor’s remarks for public release
• Monitor news sites and social media in real-time and disseminate breaking stories
• Compile early morning or evening press clippings
• Aid staff in creating reports on broadcast news coverage
• Search for relevant stories in community papers
• Additional research projects
• An interest in local politics and a passion for/knowledge of New York City.
• Strong written communication skills
• Superior attention to detail
• Willingness to work as early as 6:00 am on pre-arranged days
The ideal candidate is available to intern full-time, though outstanding part-time applicants will be considered. Interns will have the opportunity to attend press conferences and other events. Please note that all internships are unpaid.
To apply, please visit www.nyc.gov/intern and note the Office of Research and Media Analysis on your application.