The application process for the 2014-2015 Leon Cooperman Scholarship Program will begin Fall of 2014. Applications will become available on September 2, 2014. The deadline to submit an application is November 14, 2014.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are currently enrolled at Hunter College and have earned between 25-95 credits. A minimum of 1/3 of these credits must have been earned at Hunter College. Graduate students and individuals with advanced degrees are not eligible to apply. Successful applicants will show evidence of the following:
- Demonstrated financial need (students must file an electronic FAFSA)
- Academic excellence and a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated interest in business
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Previous work experience in the field of business is desirable, but not required
Students selected for the Program will be eligible for renewal of their participation in the program until the completion of their bachelor's degree assuming they maintain the minimum academic requirements of a 3.0 cumulative GPA and are enrolled as a full-time student (12 or more credits per semester) at Hunter College.
How to Apply
The application is completely web-based. In order to complete the application, you will need the following pieces of information:
- An electronic copy of your resume, highlighting your extra-curricular activities and interests
- An electronic copy of your official transcript
- A written essay of 1,000 words or less answering the following three questions: 1) Why I'm interested in a business career; 2) What I will have achieved within 10 years of graduating from Hunter College; and 3) How the Cooperman Scholarship Program will help me achieve these goals.
- Two letters of reference, one of which must be from a Hunter faculty member
Starting on September 2, 2014, click here to access the online application. You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application within two business days of your submission. If you have not received an e-mail within that time, please contact the Pre-Business Advisor at Sandra.Shih@hunter.cuny.edu. Remember your application is due by November 14, 2014.
The program has a competitive selection process and strives to select a class of scholars who are academically, geographically and culturally diverse based upon the applicant pool.
If you have questions about the application process, please email Sandra Shih at firstname.lastname@example.org, Office of Pre-Business Advising.