Applications for the Spring 2017 Leon Cooperman Scholarship Program are now open. Deadline for applications is Wednesday, March 8th at 12:00 Noon. Please keep an eye on this page for updates.
The application for the Leon Cooperman Scholarship is now open. Click here to apply!
Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are currently enrolled at Hunter College and have earned between 25-95 credits. A minimum of 1/3 of these credits must have been earned at Hunter College. Graduate students and individuals with advanced degrees are not eligible to apply. Successful applicants will show evidence of the following:
- Demonstrated financial need (students must file an electronic FAFSA)
- Academic excellence and a minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated interest in business
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Previous work experience in the field of business is desirable, but not required
Students selected for the Program will be eligible for renewal of their participation in the program until the completion of their bachelor's degree assuming they maintain the minimum academic requirements of a 3.3 cumulative GPA and are enrolled as a full-time student (12 or more credits per semester) at Hunter College.
How to Apply
The application is completely web-based. In order to complete the application, you will need the following pieces of information:
- An electronic copy of your resume, highlighting your extra-curricular activities and interests
- An electronic copy of your official transcript
- A written essay of 650 words or less answering the following three questions:
(1) What are you doing today that demonstrates your interest in a business career?
(2) What are your professional aspirations upon graduating Hunter?
(3) How will the Cooperman Scholarship help you achieve these goals?
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a Hunter faculty member
Click here to access the online application. You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application within two business days of your submission. If you have not received an e-mail within that time, please contact the Pre-Business Program: Peggy Segal at firstname.lastname@example.org or Naomi Press at email@example.com.
The program has a competitive selection process and strives to select a class of scholars who are academically, geographically and culturally diverse based upon the applicant pool.
If you have questions about the application process, please email Peggy Segal at firstname.lastname@example.org, Office of Pre-Business Advising.