Applying To Pre-Health
How do I apply to the Pre-Health Program?
- You must first attend an "Everything You Need to Know about Being a Pre-Health Student" workshop. (Check our calendar to for dates, times and location)
- Attend the following required Pre-Health Portfolio development workshops during your first year at Hunter College:
- Resume Writing and Networking 101 for Pre-Health Students
- Professionalism 101 for Pre-Health Students·
- Stress and Time management for Pre-Health Students
- Clinical Volunteering 101 for Pre-Health Students
- Community Service Volunteering for Pre-Health Students
- How to Pursue Research Opportunities for Pre-Health Students
- Hunter Students are required to have completed 12 science credits. (If you are a transfer student and have completed 12 or more science credits, you must complete 9 credits of biology, chemistry, or physics at Hunter College. If you have completed less than 12 credits, you must complete 12 science credits at Hunter College).
- You must have at least a 3.3 science and cumulative GPA.
- Review and sign the Pre-Health contract.
- Complete and submit the Pre-Health program application.
- You must join the Pre-Health listserv.
- You must agree to meet with a Pre-Health Advisor at least once per year
- You must attend at least three (3) Pre-Health Advising events per semester OR six (6) events within the academic year (September-May).
1. Please note that if you RSVP for an event and do not attend, you will not receive credit for that event. Our office keeps and maintains an attendance record of each and every event. We know who attends and who does not attend each event.
2. ONLY RSVP if you are certain you will attend. If you are not be able to attend an event, Sign back into your account and decline the RSVP notification, so that other students can be accommodated in your place.
BEFORE YOU APPLY: You must first obtain your Pre-Health ID number. This number is emailed to you after you attend the "Everything You Need to Know about Being a Pre-Health Student" workshop. YOU CANNOT COMPLETE THE APPLICATION WITHOUT THE PRE-HEALTH ID NUMBER.
If you have already attended an "Everything You Need to Know about Being a Pre-Health Student" workshop, have your Pre-Health ID number, and meet all the requirements, please click here to register and start your file.