Information for Current Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Students
Requirements to receive the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
To complete the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program and receive the certificate all students must:
- Complete a year of college level English. This requirement can be fulfilled by undergraduate transfer credit and/or by taking courses at Hunter.
- Complete one year of Mathematics BEYOND Pre-Calculus. This requirement can be fulfilled by undergraduate transfer credit and/or by taking courses at Hunter. There are two ways to fulfill this requirement at Hunter:
- MATH 150 (Calculus) and MATH 155 (Calculus II)
- MATH 150 (Calculus) and STAT 213 (STAT 113 does not fulfill this requirement)
- Complete 38 credits in science courses (Biology, Chemistry & Physics) at Hunter College within 36 months.
- Maintain a 3.3 GPA for every semester in the program with no individual course grade below a B-.
- Provide 56 hours of service to the Hunter College Community during your time in the program. Please note that this service requirement must be completed in order for a Pre-Health Committee Letter to be submitted on your behalf.
- Obtain a Committee Letter
Please note that grades of C or better must be earned for all courses required by medical, dental or veterinary schools. This includes all required courses completed at another undergraduate institution. Any courses taken previously with grades lower than a C must be repeated at Hunter in order to satisfy the requirements of the Program.
For more detailed information about receiving your certificate (including application procedures), click on the Receiving Your Certificate link on the left.
Students who were admitted to the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program prior to the Fall of 2010 MUST meet with a Pre-Health advisor to evaluate their eligibility for the certificate.
Stay connected with other students in the Post-Baccaulareate Certificate Program at Hunter, join their Yahoo! Group.
You will get information regarding coursework, professors, textbooks, and social events.
All students who are in the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program should have access to a group under My Organizations on Blackboard called Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program. Here students enrolled in the Post-Bacc program will find information about service hours, special events and other pertinent details.
If you are a part of the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program and you do not have access to this Blackboard site, please e-mail email@example.com, include your full name and Hunter e-mail address in the body of the message.