Receiving Your Certificate
To qualify for the certificate students must:
- Successfully complete 38 credits in science at Hunter College.
- Biology (BIOL), Chemistry (CHEM), Physics (PHYS) courses fall under the “science” category. BIOL 120 & 122 (Anatomy and Physiology), Chemistry 100, 101, 120, and 121 do not count toward this requirement.
- Complete one year of Mathematics BEYOND Pre-Calculus. This requirement can be fulfilled by undergraduate transfer credit and/or by taking courses at Hunter. There are two ways to fulfill this requirement at Hunter:
- MTH 150 (Calculus) and MTH 155 (Calculus II)
- MTH 150 (Calculus) and STAT 213
- Maintain a 3.3 GPA for every semester in the program.
- Provide·14 hours of service to the Hunter College Community each semester in attendance OR 56 hours cumulative during your time at Hunter. Click on the "56 Hour Service Requirement" link on the left for more information.
If you think you have met all of these requirements please complete the Degree Audit Form.
This is a fillable form, so please type in the information. If for some reason you are unable to complete this electronically, please write legibly. The form can be uploaded and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; please include the words Degree Audit and your name in the file name. In your e-mail, please indicate what health profession you are pursuing (dentistry, medicine, optometry, etc). If you are unable to e-mail the form it can be left in the Pre-Health mail box in Hunter East room 812; please include a note indicating what health profession you are pursuing. E-mail is ALWAYS preferred.
This process can take several weeks; please do not wait until the last minute.
Important Notes about completing the Degree Audit form and Receiving a certificate:
If you are planning to fulfill math or English requirements with courses taken at other schools, the transfer credit MUST be posted your Hunter record with the ENGL, MATH, and/or STAT label. If the credit is not posted on your Hunter transcript, please take a course description and a copy of the original institution’s transcript to the appropriate department (i.e. English, math). We cannot approve the degree audit without the proper credit indicated on the transcript.
In the column labeled “Course Title” please type/write the Hunter College Course title. If you received transfer credit for the math or English requirements, the Hunter College course title for which you have received the credit must be typed/written in the box. In the “Year Taken” column please write “transfer credit.”
If you have secured prior approval to apply specific courses to meet the minimum requirements for the Pre-Health Post-Baccalaureate Certificate please send an e-mail to email@example.com·detailing your specific situation. The subject of your e-mail should read: Degree Audit Course Substitution.