Whether you are a freshman, a recent alum, or have been out of school for years and are considering law as a second career, please contact me to discuss your plans. I look forward to meeting you.
How can I set up an appointment?
Generally it is most productive to schedule time so your concerns can receive the attention they deserve.
- Scheduling desk 212-772-4882 ~ Appts Tues/Fri afternoons 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Walk ins ~ Monday & Thursday 10 a.m.-12 noon
To get priority during walk-ins, please let me know when are coming no less than 1 business day prior. Priority notice will be honored with 1 business day notice.
- Self Scheduling on SignUpGenius ~ Appts Tues/Fri afternoons 2:00 p.m - 4:00 p.m.
Set up your appointment, anytime: https://www.signupgenius.com/. Note that only "available" slots are visible.
- All other times ~ Please send an e-mail with windows of availability for the next 5 business days (Ex: Wed, 2-4; Fri 1-5).
It is never a problem to take a scheduled meeting on the phone. Many Hunter students juggle work, school, and family oblications. Please dial in at the appropriate time on the direct line: 212-772-4889.
Students who are registered with the Pre-Law Program gain access to the self-scheduling link on SignUpGenius. The system can only recognize you if you register. The link to register with the Program is on the front page and every page of the pre-law website. It takes 10 busieness days for the system to "roll over" to recognize you.
Dean's Hours occur every week at Hunter from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. on Wednesdays. Student programming runs at that time so there are no student appointments available then.
What if I have a quick question?
For a quick question, please:
1) Come by walk-in hours: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Mondays & Thursdays, Room 814 East
2) Send a brief e-mail. For matters that are not urgent, please allow 24 hours for a reply. If your matter is time sensitive, please do include an "!" in your e-mail status. email@example.com
3) Call on the direct line. If other students are here, your call will be returned as soon as possible. 212-772-4889
Elise B. Jaffe, J.D./M.P.A./M.Phil.
Director, Pre-Law Program & Pre-Law Advisor
Appointments: 212-772-4882 (Scheduling desk)
695 Park Avenue, Room 814 East, New York, New York 10065