Whether you are a freshman, a recent alum, or have been out of school for years and are considering law as a second career, please contact me to discuss your plans. I look forward to meeting you.
How can I set up an appointment?
Generally it is most productive to schedule time so your concerns can receive the attention they deserve.
- SELF SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT on Sign Up Genius at this LINK. Please do not schedule more than one pending appointment at a time. Only students who are registered with the program (see "Registration button" on the right) can use this system. T/F afternoons 2-4.
- RESERVE A 15 MINUTE PRIORITY WALK IN by sending me an email letting me know when you plan to come. Only requests received by 3:00 p.m. on the business day before will receive priority. Walk in hours are otherwise first-come first- served. Walk-in hours end at noon. Monday/Thurday 10-12.
- CALL THE SCHEDULING DESK at (212) 772-4882. Students who do not self schedule an appointment and who do not wish to come to walk in hours will need to contact the scheduling desk. T/F afternoons 4-5:30.
- It is never a problem to take a scheduled meeting on the phone.
- It is never a problem to set up an alternative time if you run into wrinkles with the scheduler -- please email weekly availability, specifying a few windows and noting times - for example "Wednesdays and Fridays 10-12" to email@example.com.
- Please note that since programming runs during Wednesday Dean's Hours, that time is not available for appointments.
- Time that conflicts with the teaching schedule on late M/Th afternoons is also not available for appointments.
PHONING IN: For students and alumni who may have difficulty making it to campus during regular business hours - due to work or other obligations - it is never a problem to hold a scheduled meeting on the phone. At the appropriate time, please phone in on the direct line (212) 772-4889. When you make the appointment, please let the scheduler know/make a note that you will be phoning in.
TROUBLESHOOTING: If at any time you have difficulty scheduling a meeting when speaking with the appointment desk, please send an e-mail directly (including your availability for the next 5 business days). For time sensitive matters, please do include an "!" in your e-mail status.
What if I have a quick question?
For a quick question, please:
1) Come by walk-in hours: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Mondays & Thursdays, Room 814 East
2) Send a brief e-mail. For matters that are not urgent, please allow 24 hours for a reply. If your matter is time sensitive, please do include an "!" in your e-mail status. firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Call on the direct line. If other students are here, your call will be returned as soon as possible. 212-772-4889
Elise B. Jaffe, J.D./M.P.A./M.Phil.
Director, Pre-Law Program & Pre-Law Advisor
Appointments: 212-772-4882 (Scheduling desk)
695 Park Avenue, Room 814 East, New York, New York 10065