How to Apply
When you apply, be prepared to provide the following information:
- supervisor's contact information
- agency contact information
- brief agency description
- a detailed job description (word or pdf to upload)
- amount of voluntary agency contribution toward the scholar's stipend
Placement Job Description
Agency applications and job descriptions will be reviewed to ensure that they provide well-supervised and substantive placements for Public Service Scholars. The strength and thoroughness of your job description will impact your chances of being chosen by a scholar. Placements should allow the scholar to:
- be involved in the ongoing activities of the agency
- work on one or more policy areas
- learn about the policy making process and policy implementation
- hone skills in research, writing, analysis, advocacy, organizing, public presentation and others.
Fees and Contributions
There is no application fee. Agencies selected to host a scholar are asked to pay a $175 administrative fee.
Many agencies recognize the great value Public Service Scholars add to their agencies by contributing to the scholar's stipend.
All scholars receive a stipend from the program, allowing self-supporting students to participate and give their full attention to the placement. The program raises all stipend funds from agency contributions and other private support.
When to Apply
Rolling applications are accepted throughout the year. However, all applications for the 2016-17 year must be received by the application deadline.
Application deadline for the 2016-17 academic year is March 25, 2016