Before you apply for the laboratory placement program, please make sure that you fulfill the following:
- You must be an undergraduate student
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- If taking this for PSYCH 201, you need to be able to work a minimum of 100 hours per semester; if for PSYCH 395 a minimum of 126 hours is required
- If you are not doing laboratory research for credit, the minimum number of hours will be decided by you and your mentor
- A professional Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- You thoroughly understand the work your mentor(s) performs
- You have read all material on their webpages (including their articles)
- Apply 3-6 months in advance (Please plan your time accordingly)
- Remember: This is only an application process; applying does not guarantee a position into a laboratory.
Unsure of Which Mentor to Apply to?
You may visit an advisor, but you must come prepared to talk about your career goals, and have several options of which mentors you are interested in working with. It is your responsibility to figure out what you want to do.