Directions, Parking, & Lodging
The Hunter College Department of Physical Therapy is located at:
425 East 25th Street, Room E 008
New York, NY 10010
Telephone: (212) 396-7103
PLEASE NOTE: The Brookdale Campus entrance is located on East 25th Street, in the middle of the block between 1st Avenue and the FDR Drive. The Physical Therapy Program office is located in the East Building, lower level, in room E 008. Security Personnel at the building entrance can assist you in locating the program office.
Directions to the Hunter College Brookdale Campus
MASS TRANSIT: The Transit Authority Buses can take you uptown on 1st Avenue, or downtown on 2nd Avenue, stopping at 25th Street. Cross-town buses on major east-west thoroughfares provide free transfers.
BUS: The 1st Avenue Bus is the M15. You can take a limited, uptown bus, which stops on the northbound side of 1st Avenue and 23rd Street, then walk up 1st Avenue to 25th Street. Turn right on 25th Street, and the campus entrance will be on your left. If you take the M15 local bus, you can get off at 25th Street, walk a half block south, and turn left onto 25th Street toward the FDR Drive. The entrance will be on your left.
SUBWAY: Take the Lexington local (#6) train to 23rd Street. You exit the subway station on Park Avenue and 23rd Street. Walk eastbound to 1st Avenue or take the eastbound 23rd street bus to 1st Avenue. Then, walk north to 25th street,
BY CAR FROM THE G.W. BRIDGE: Follow signs to Harlem River Drive, which becomes the FDR drive. Get off on the 23rd Street exit. Make the first right turn after the exit onto 25th Street. The campus entrance will be on your right.
BY CAR FROM WESTCHESTER OR THE BRONX: Take an appropriate East River crossing to Harlem River Drive or the FDR Drive. Get off on the 23rd Street exit. Make the first right turn after the exit onto 25th Street. The campus entrance will be on your right.
BY CAR FROM BROOKLYN OR POINTS SOUTH: Take any East River crossing to the northbound FDR Drive. Get off on the 23rd Street exit. Make the first left turn onto 23rd street, go under the FDR Drive, and at the first light, make a right onto 25th Street. The campus entrance will be on your right.
There is a Gulf gas station between the FDR Drive and the East River at East 23rd Street.
Waterside, a large housing complex between the FDR Drive and the East River, is located directly across the FDR Drive from our campus. They have parking available, with a pedestrian bridge crossing the FDR Drive to 25th Street. You can get to Waterside from the northbound FDR Drive service road via 23rd street.
There are parking lots between 1st and 2nd Avenue on 28th street, 29th street, 31st street, and south of 23rd street. The following are public parking garages within walking distance of the Brookdale Campus:
- Waterside Parking: Edison Parking Garage, FDR Drive North Service Road; (340-4228)
- Gramercy Garage: 329 E. 21st Street (473-0400)
- HJP Parking Corp: 329 E. 22nd Street (254-5444)
- 301 East 22nd Street Garage Corp: (254-8740)
- A & B Parking Corp., 214 E. 24th Street (686-9658)
- Cher Parking Garage, 200 E. 24th Street (684-9561)
- Dacar Garage Corp., 215 E. 24th Street ( 684-8687)
- 245 E. 25th Street Garage Corp., (684-8263)
- Peter Garage Corp., 201 E. 25th Street (679-3667)
- Peter Garage Corp., 209 E. 26th Street (686-3781
(The following information is provided as a courtesy. We cannot guarantee the quality of these establishments).
- Ramada Inn, 161 Lexington Avenue (at 30th Street); 212-545-1800
- Park South Hotel, 124 East 28th Street (between Park and Lexington); 212-448-0888; parksouthhotel.com
- Chelsea Savoy Hotel, 204 W 24th Street; 212-929-9353
- Comfort Inn Chelsea, 18 W. 25th Street; 212-645-3990
- Hotel Metro, 45 W. 35th Street; 800-356-3870
- Clarion Park Avenue, 429 Park Ave. South; 212-532-4860