ATM Use Safety Tips
Listed below are some standard safety tips for ATM users:
• Be aware of your surroundings, especially between dusk and dawn. If you notice anything suspicious–a security light out, someone loitering nearby–consider coming back later orusing a supermarket or convenience store ATM.
. Choose an ATM that is in a well lit and traveled area.
• If using the ATM at night, take someone with you.
• Park in a well-lit area as close as possible to the ATM.
• At a drive-through ATM, be sure the doors are locked and the passenger windows are rolled up.
• If you withdraw cash, put it away promptly; count it later, in private.
• Put your ATM card and receipt away promptly; never leave your receipt at the ATM.
• Keep your PIN secret–don't write it down, and don't share it with anyone you don't trust absolutely. Your PIN provides access to your account.
• Shield the keypad when entering your PIN to keep it from being observed.
• Avoid being too regular in your ATM use–don't repeatedly visit the same machine at the same time, the same day of the week, for instance.