Holiday Safety Tips
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Criminals often confront people who are distracted.
- Secure all pocketbooks, handbags and book bags properly.
- Never walk away from your property, not even for a minute!!
- Carry your purse close to your body. Place one end of the purse in your palm and the other in the bend of the elbow. Never carry a purse by the handle or strap.
- Carry your wallet in a breast pocket of your jacket or the front pockets of your pants. Rear pants pockets are to easy to pick!
- Carry only the amount of cash that you need. If you do carry large sums of cash, divide them between your pockets, purse and wallet.
- Record credit card numbers for all the cards you own. This will help in the event they are lost or stolen.
- Travel on well lit streets and populated areas. When possible, travel with a friend.
- Never walk through back alleys or on dark secluded streets.
- Be wary of con artists. Con artists use a number of ploys to separate you from your valuables. Remember, "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is."
- Don't wait until you get to your front door to look for your keys, have them ready before you get to the door.
- TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS!!
- DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!