Campus Security Guidelines
All entrances to the 68th Street campus are now equipped with turnstiles or scanners that operate with the Hunter OneCard, much like MetroCards on subways and buses. One swipe gives you access to the campus. The new system is easy and convenient, but it does require everyone’s cooperation:
- While on campus, all members of the Hunter community must carry a valid OneCard.
- Everyone entering the college must use the OneCard at a turnstile or scanner. It will speed up your trip and help avoid backups if you have your card already out before you get there.
- If you forget your OneCard, stop at the Visitors Center where a Public Safety Officer or Visitors Associate will verify your status and give you access to the campus.
- If your card is lost or stolen, report it to the Department of Public Safety as soon as possible. The old card will be deactivated and a new one issued for a $5 fee. See the OneCard Office schedule for more information.
- Visitors should go to the Visitors Center and show a photo ID to obtain a pass that will give them access to the campus.
- Food delivery people should go to the Visitors Center, which will notify the person getting the delivery.
- If you are expecting a large outside group or arranging a special event, please give the Visitors Center advance notice by calling (212) 396-6666 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Every courtesy and cooperation will be extended, consistent with campus security.
Please be advised that any member of the Hunter community who tries to bypass the system will be subject to disciplinary action, and outsiders may be prosecuted for trespassing.
What is a violation?
- Jumping over a turnstile.
- Forcing your way through a turnstile.
- Following behind someone without swiping.
- Entering through an exit door.
- Lending a OneCard to someone else to swipe, or swiping someone else’s card.
- Holding open a scanner-equipped door for someone who has not swiped in.
- Failing to follow directions from a Public Safety Officer or Visitors Center Associate.