Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home School of Education Current Students Course Registration Information


Course Registration Information


Please be sure to satisfy Hunter College’s immunization requirements immediately. You will not be permitted to register without meeting these requirements. If you have questions, you can contact Health Services at 212-772-4800 or refer to the Health Services section of the Hunter College Website at


Students should see their program coordinator prior to or during registration. Consulting with an advisor or program coordinator will ensure that your course selection matches the program’s course of study. Most courses in your program, with the exception of practica and student teaching seminars, do not require permission. You can just register if you are a matriculated student in a School of Education program. However, if you’re a non-matriculated graduate student, or if you’re a newly admitted undergraduate, you will need electronic permission from your adviser. Make sure you have completed the pre-requisite courses before registering for a course. Graduate students may register for undergraduate courses to meet their admission conditions. You must get permission to register from the department offering the courses.

The School of Education does not allow students who have not applied for and been accepted to the School of Education to register for education courses.

List of Program Coordinators


All registration for courses is done through your CUNYfirst account. Visit the "One Stop for Students" page on the Hunter College web site for Student Self Service Guides.

Once you have logged into your CUNYfirst account, you can search for courses, register and pay your bill, all online. Be sure to pay your bill by the deadline or your courses will be dropped.

The Office of Academic & Student Affairs maintains waiting lists for School of Education courses in the Special Education and Curriculum and Teaching Departments that have filled up. If the course you want to register for is full, you can put your name on a waiting list in room 1000 West. You will be notified if you are given permission to register for the course. Students are still encouraged to check on availability of courses that are full as space may open up if students drop or are dropped.

Students with an hold will not be able to register for courses until the hold is removed. Email to resolve a SED hold. If you have a BUR hold, you must resolve this at the Bursar’s Office in N238.

If you are not taking courses for a semester or two, you must file a graduate leave of absence form.


The School of Education runs summer courses on a different schedule than the School of Arts and Sciences. School of Education summer courses are generally held:

  1. during the month of June;
  2. during the month of July; and
  3. during an extended 6 week July to mid-August session for some sections.


Document Actions
School of Education website feedback: email us
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065